In winters, two things are eagerly awaited by everyone. One is the occasional sunlight and the second is the snowfall. If you wish to enjoy snowfall or get rid of the extreme summers of Delhi, it is the best to visit a nearby hill-station with your family and friends.
Here we are, suggesting the best hill stations located near Delhi so that you can enjoy your weekends. The best time to visit the hill stations near Delhi is from the month of October to February.
Nearest hill station to Delhi
1. Rishikesh, with its beauty, is known as the center of spiritualism, located on the banks of River Ganges, this city is also a center for sadhus, yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda. It is also known as the hub of adventure sports. Apart from spirituality and adventure, you can get fresh vibes and life in the air at this place.
2. Nahan: Book room with in one of the best hotels in Nahan hill station to make your journey amazing and memorable. This place serves as an ideal holiday destination for families as well as love birds. This perfect romantic gateway overlooks lush greenery, dirt free roads and clean streets.
3. Mussoorie: It is also known by the name of the “Queen of the Mountains.” Its natural beauty and the pleasant climate is the center of attraction of the people. The Shiwalik Ranges and the Doon Valley make it even more beautiful and attractive. People come here fortrekking, boating, ropeways, etc.
4. Kufri: Another vibrant and picturesque town of Himachal Pradesh, Kufri is located only 13 km away from Shimla. It is the best place for wildlife lovers.
5. Dehradun: It is the capital of Uttarakhand, is the quietest place near Delhi. Its mountainous and scenic beauty and the tranquil atmosphere is the center of attraction. Apart from this, Rajaji National Park, Tapakeshwara Temple, and Forest Research Institute are also the center of attraction for the people.
6. Dalhousie: It is a picturesque city covered with slopes and flowers on the foothills and sometimes snow, where the natural beauty and soothing atmosphere attracts people towards it. The town hosts five different types of hills. The beautiful Chamba valley is the entrance to the Dalhousie.
7. Bhimtal: It is famous for the beautiful lakes and picturesque surroundings, this city is 1370 meters above the sea level and surrounded by dense forests. In Bhimtal, there is wonderful views of ancient temples with nature. You can take Chinese, Mexican and Continental flavors in Bhimtal.
8. Kasaul: It is covered with snow-covered, clear blue sky, the beautiful Himalayas, this place in the lap of Parvati Valley is a boon for Trekker and Backpackers. People come here to relax, far away from the noise of the city. There are many old churches to hang around.
9. Nainital- is the perfect place to see snow, located at a distance of 274 km from Delhi. Along with snowfall, you can also see Nanda Devi Peak and enjoy the trekking. In December and January, you can enjoy snowfall here.
10. Manali- Located 531 km from Delhi, Manali is also the perfect place to experience snowfall. There is a separate view after the snowfall between mountains and greenery. Manali and Shimla, both are wonderful in the winter months. Standing in the mountains, you can enjoy the snow watching all over here. For the snowfall, go there in December or January.
11. Ranikhet: Located 279 km away from Delhi and 1,869 meters from sea level. Ranikhet is famous for its dense forests, wildlife, Jhula Devi temple, Ram temple. Ranikhet's atmosphere remains normal in summer.
Get your backpacks and head to these popular and not so far located hill stations to enjoy winter at fullest!